Write to Score High on the IELTS and TOEFL
- Lectures: 21
- Video: 3 Hours
- Skill level: All level
- Languages: English
- Includes: Lifetime access
Many students have to pass the IELTS or TOEFL Exams in order for them to continue their education in the country of their choice. The writing portion of these exams is difficult for many students. This class directly teaches students how to score high in the elements of task achievement and grammatical range and accuracy. These are 2 of the 5 areas students lose points in the most. This course also targets dozens of key vocabulary words needed in the areas of technology, education, global business and more. Not only are the words taught, but example sentences and collocations are modeled so students learn to use these words correctly.
Students will look at example essays and how they are good and how they can be improved. Lectures have practice exercises for students to complete and they can ask the teacher any questions they have.
This course takes about 1 week to complete and is structured into three parts REVIEW and PRACTICE of key grammatical issues, VOCABULARY development and APPLICATION of these in writing.
What are the requirements?
- An intermediate level of listening skills in English
- Have a practice essay written, or be will to write one during the class to share (optional)
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 21 lectures and 2 hours of content!
- Have a strategy and vocabulary to approach essays on the IELTS and TOEFL
- Use commas correctly
- Know and use transition words correctly
- Know different essay structures and how to use them
- How to write good thesis, topic and concluding sentences
- Targeted phrases by subject area students can use in their essays
- Read, evaluate and edit real world ESL student essays
What is the target audience?
- Students preparing for the writing sections of the IELTS or TOEFL General and Academic
- Business professionals who need to learn how to write a longer essay
- ESL students in the USA who need better writing skills for school